We are fishy kind of people at our house. =) All 5 of us (even my 1 year old) enjoy a good fish meal. Yay for me! I didn't follow a recipe on this. So I guess you could say this is an original recipe...although I'm sure that if you were to search for some online, you would find several very similar to this one. It a was very easy & fast meal that will have your family thinking you spent hours on it. *Think those old Rice Krispy Treat commercials where the mom throws flour all over her to make it appear to her family that the treats were really difficult.* Woohoo! I served it with zucchini and corn on the cob. It's full of flavor and is oh so good for you too! Can I get another, "Woohoo!", please?
Lemon Basil Mahi Mahi
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 10-15 mins
- 4 Mahi Mahi fillets
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4-5 large basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- While butter is melting, dice the basil leaves and add to the butter and stir.
- Add lemon juice, pepper, and sea salt to the butter mixture and stir.
- Brush olive oil on the rack of a broiler pan
- Place fish on the rack and brush generously both sides with the butter mixture.
- Turn on broiler
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Times may vary from oven to oven. Be sure to keep a close eye on it. Over cooked fish is very sad.
If you would like to add the zucchini as a side...
- Cut the zucchini in half.
- Take each half and slice it into 1/4s long ways.
- Place on a pan and brush with remaining butter mixture.
- I also quartered onions and brushed them with the butter mixture. YUMMY!
- Place in the oven with the fish. It will take about the same amount of time to cook as the fish.
Linking up at these fun parties: