Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recipes I Can't Wait to Try #26

Yay for new recipe day!  I need to apologize to you all for not commenting on your recipes you linked up last week.  We are already crazy enough during the Easter holiday, which brings my internet time to practically non-existent.  But this year was especially difficult.  This year I decided to make Hannah and Ava's (my niece) Easter dresses.  That is all I was able to work on all week.  As a matter of fact, I didn't go to sleep Friday night. I finally went to bed Saturday morning at 8am.  I woke up at 9am to start getting ready to celebrate Easter at my parent's house.  At 9:20 I received a phone call from a special family to us.  Their almost 7 week old baby passed away from SIDS sometime Friday night.  Some of you already know that James and I have a daughter, Faith Lynn, in heaven.  If you want to read our story, feel free to click on the link.  The loss of a child is absolutely devastating.  James and I were deeply saddened to learn that some friends were going to have to experience that loss.  We went to their home to be with them that morning and early afternoon.  Anyway, if any of you are the praying type, please keep J & E in your prayers.  They will most certainly need them.   I'm sorry to be such a downer today, this is all weighing heavily on my mind.  *Wiping away tears and putting a smile on my face*

On to this week's recipe!  This time of the year, I go crazy for all of the fresh fruits that are in season.  So this weeks Recipe I Can't Wait to Try is Fruit Pizza at Cupcake Apothecary!  This is not a new recipe to most of us, but it's soooooo good!  Plus, we can't deny how pretty it is!

Photo is property of Cupcake Apothecary


Fruit Pizza at Cupcake Apothecary












Now let's see some Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!  Link up your yummy recipes & fun crafts!  My request is that you please link back to me in some way and say, "Hi!" to another party goer!  Everyone loves getting a new comment, so show some love!  =)  Also, this week I've made it a blog hop, so feel free to add it to your own blog.  Enjoy!


If you were featured, feel free (but not pressured) [=)] to grab my button!
Photobucket 


If you are participating in the linky party and would like to sport the Recipes I Can't Wait to Try button on your blog, here you go!
Photobucket 


Recipes I Can't Wait to Try:

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about the loss of your child and your friends' baby. I think everyone will understand why you haven't had time to be online. Thanks for doing the party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss, and also for your friends' loss as well. I read your precious Faith Lynn's moving story and I think you and your husband are a very brave couple. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I can't even begin to fathom the sadness in losing a baby. Lots of prayers to your friends, and to you as well. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for featuring me. I'm so sorry for your friends loss, but mostly I am so sorry that you had to go through that pain of losing your baby. I am a christian too, and I know that that would have been easy to blame God. But I'm sure He has a nice spot for her in Heaven and she is the most beautiful baby ever! I can't stop crying after reading your story. My prayers are with you, because I am sure that it is still hard. I know you don't know me, but your story has really touched me. If you need some random person to talk to, please drop by!
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Haley,Im back with my Custard Yellow Cake Flan.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! what a great site you have! i'm glad i found you! i linked up and i'll be back next week. i have a blog hop on sundays id you are interested! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my first time here! Sorry to know about your friend's loss...and yours too!
    I'm linking up my Pasta with Chicken & Sun-dried Tomatoes!
    Glad to find your blog! Following you now!

    Tina@Pinay In Texas Cooking Corner

    ReplyDelete


  8. We want to change and transform the splintered world of finance - from basic banking needs, payments and money transfer to the global financial ecosystem itself.
    Best Trading Experience -Bybit support
    The future is a world where every person on earth has access to safe, transparent, fair and free financial services.Their customer support is also very responsive & resolves the issue proactively.Their UI is also very user friendly. It has the lowest fees among all exchanges.
    Quick and easy way of trading -Kukoin support

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails