Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Pie and Applied Labels Review!








It seems that we are always going to some sort of potluck.  As a matter of fact, we host a Bible study at our home twice a month, and you guessed it...it is a potluck.  Of course as you are all very much aware (unless you've been living under a rock), the holidays are upon us!  You know what that means?  Potlucks!  ;-)  With all of this 'pot luckin', it is so easy to get your dishes mixed up.  I sent a cherry pie (the recipe will be below) with my husband to work for his Thanksgiving spread.  After all of the food has been eaten, do you think he's going to know which dish is mine?  Probably not.  Not that he doesn't care, just that plain Jane Pyrex dishes are a dime a dozen and there will probably be several there.  I needed some way to label my pie plate.  I have done it the ghetto way before.  You know what I'm talking about...masking tape with your name across it.  SMH.  I am so glad that I received my new labels in the mail from Applied Labels a couple of days ago!  They are so much cuter than masking tape!!!   These labels were actually created as a way to label baby bottles, clothing, or shoes; but I have used them for labeling my dishes.  =)   They included a couple of really useful things in my pack.  The added Shoe Shields to my order.  They are basically a clear sticker that you place over your label to prevent your foot eventually from rubbing the ink off of your label.  Cool huh?  Be sure to check out Applied Labels on Twitter & Facebook.  They have some extra special deals they list on their Twitter page.  I'll give you a REALLY BIG HINT....CYBER MONDAY!  Oh yeah, and when you visit them, please let them know that I sent you!  =)














Cherry Chocolate Pie
Cook Time - 35 minutes

Ingredients:

Standard two-crust pie crust of your choice (It was late and I didn't have the energy to make a homemade crust.  I used the Betty Crocker - Just Add Water Mix.)
Can of cherry pie filling (I told you it was late didn't I?)
1/2 tsp Almond extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

2 - 3 Tbsp Sugar (to sprinkle)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare the bottom portion of an unbaked pie crust in your pie plate.  In a separate bowl, lightly mix with a spoon the cherry pie filling and almond extract.  Poor the filling in the pie crust.  Spread the mini chocolate chips on top of the pie filling.  Top with the top portion of the unbaked pie crust.  I chose to make a lattice with mine.  You can do anything you'd like, just make sure that you vent the crust well.  Pinch or crimp crust with a fork.  Sprinkle the top of the pie with sugar.  Top pie with a pie crust shield or line the edges of the pie with strips of foil.  Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden.  Remove the shield/foil from the edges and bake for 5 more minutes.  Cool and serve warm with vanilla ice cream!  

















Linked up at these fun parties:




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.




1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum, yum. Cherry pie has always been good but your addition of chocolate makes it ten times better. It reminds me of black forest cake or cherry chocolate ice cream, both of which I adore.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails