Monday, October 4, 2010

Chocolate Oatmeal Pecan Cookies

Get these pretty plates at Home A La Mode!


Yay!!!!  It's the first week of the official Month of Cookies on At Home With Haley!!!  I'm so excited!  You know the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."?  I have that theory about some cookies.  My favorite cookie recipe in the whole wide world is one you probably already have.  That's right...the one on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Morsels package.  *Gasp!*  Except the one I really REALLY like is the one on the back of the 24oz package.  It is Nestle's Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.  I'm pretty sure my mouth is watering right now just thinking about them.  The only thing that could make them better (those of you that have been reading all of my recipes since the beginning will not be surprised that I say this) would be pecans.  OK.  I admit it.  I'm a pecan nut.  But I'm a southern girl and let's face it, in the south we like our pecans.  This time I had some extra helpers in the kitchen.  =)  I love that kids can easily help you bake cookies.  It may add a few more minutes onto the amount of time that it takes to make them, but they love it!  Not to mention memories for a lifetime!  
Their favorite part!

For those of you that don't have the 24oz package, here's the recipe!

Nestle Tollhouse Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. 
baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. packed 
light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 c. (12 oz) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 c. quick oats
I add 1 c. chopped pecans =)

Combine flour, 
baking soda and salt in small bowl.  Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in morsels and oats.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown
.  Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to coll completely.  Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!!!


Linked up at these fun parties:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails