Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies


It's no secret that I enjoy cinnamon rolls.  (a lot!) I consider them an ultimate comfort food.  Previously, I have posted recipes for 90 Minute Cinnamon Rolls & for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.  In all honesty, I am in need of comfort.  My grandfather went to be with the Lord 1 week ago today in an accident.  My heart is broken for his life which was cut too short and for my grandmother who must learn to live life without her husband.  He was a good man, a man of honor.  He was there to help anyone in need.  He loved people.  He loved to tell jokes and to laugh.  And one of my favorite things, my grandfather loved to eat!  He had quite a sweet tooth and my grandmother made sure and helped him out with that. =)  So I feel that it is fitting that for my last week of the official Month of Cookies on At Home With Haley I had already planned to make Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies.   So in honor of one of the greatest men to ever be a part of my life, I give you this yummy recipe.  I found it in Taste of Home Magazine Oct/Nov 2010.  They are a little time consuming, but they turned out wonderful!

Here is the word for word recipe.  I will post my tips at the end.

Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Prep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min/batch + Cooling
Yield: About 2-2 1/2 dozen

1 cup butter, softened
1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp honey, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
8 oz white baking chocolate

In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg yolks, 1 Tbsp honey, and vanilla.  combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.

Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-in. log.  In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar.  Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a greased baking sheet.  Repeat, placing cookies 1 in. apart.  Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to coll completely.  In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth.  Drizzle over cookies.  Let stand until set.  Store in an airtight container.

My tips for this recipe:

  • Don't try to take these cookies off of your pan too quickly.  Let them sit for about 5 minutes.  Trust me...or your cookies will look like this. =(    ---->











  • For the chocolate:  Place a zip top bag in a tall tumbler. Using a rubber spatula, put the chocolate in the bag.  Zip bag then cut a hole in one of the corners to drizzle over the cookies.










































3 comments:

  1. These look great and that icing is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post a video or pics since mine came out all wrong...from the log being too long and they never turned out like a cinnamon roll???!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails